Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

Beautiful Spring Custom Hammocks - SOLD


There's one very lucky hamster out there.  She's a purty little girl, too.  Her name is Smudge and her loving owner custom ordered her some purty spring and girly hammocks.  

 Here's the 2 hammocks together.  I liked how the pattern tricks you into thinking it's just one hammock.  Each hammock is 6" x 6"  Petite for a petite girl hamster.
The back is pink fleece.  And, as you can see, the hammocks are pieced and quilted and very PINK.

And, here's the second hammock on its own.   The solid squares are a light green.  I was so worried that the colors would clash, but they worked beautifully.

I thoroughly enjoy making custom hammocks.  Essentially, I was asked to make a 6" x 6" quilted and pieced hammock that was in pinks or purples.  

Through email, I showed the customer some fabric and design options.  And, she approved the choices.  And, I started to make the hammock.  I really enjoy the back and forth, working together to create an item.  It's a challenge because until the hammock is made, I don't really know what its going to look like.  I have to communicate the uncertainty or surprise of the creative process while simultaneously communicating confidence that we will make a beautiful hammock.

And, if I do say so myself, these hammocks are just scrumptious.

Here's the link to my Etsy Shop  If you are interested in a custom hammock, please click the contact button at my Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment