Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Anticipating Halloween

Last year, Halloween was cancelled due to a city wide power outage that took days to resolve. My house was without power for 7 days. That in itself was an adventure. But, the sad part was getting all ready for Halloween and no trick-or-treaters.

Our town had rescheduled Halloween, but Halloween occurs on October 31st no matter what a politician says. So, I put up all of my decorations, but no trick-or-treaters.











And, we usually have the rats greet the trick-or-treaters as tolerated. But, instead, they went on a big adventure and lived in a hotel for a week.

Here my rats are hanging out while their cage is being cleaned Halloween 2011 in a hotel. Note: this was our evacuation cage. And, the cage and rats handled the adventure very well.


I'm really looking forward to Halloween 2012, and I have more plans for decorations.

On a more somber note, my thoughts and prayers are with those whose lives are currently disrupted by Hurricane Isaac.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment