Friday, May 11, 2012

A Quilted Liner - Part 2

Last night, I continued cutting and sewing my liner.

Here's a fairly lousy photo of my sewing the first seam. Sigh. It looks like I am in a cave.

Here, I am cutting out the 5 inch rectangles. My seam was not quite a quarter inch on one of the strips, so, we will just have to see what happens. I figure it will correct when I square them up after the next seam.

And, here are the piles of pinned squares. I was using my plan to check off each square as I go. Sheesh. I initially pinned a square wrong, and when I checked the plan, I was so happy that I caught it there.

So, this is how far I got last night. I have more than enough squares, actually a couple extra which may become hammocks. We shall see.

Oh, and I am so thrilled I found an applique star pattern in my "new" book, Sewing for Baby. It just arrived off Ebay. I'm thinking of putting a purple star in one of the squares.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment