Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Pieced Stripes Hammock

This hammock isn't being made out of striped fabric, but I'm trying out a fairly simple piecing pattern. Here's my extremely abbreviated plan.


Hopefully, I will follow the plan and thereby minimize seam rippage.

Here are my fabric choices and my original scribbled plan. Yip, the real plan makes even less sense than the above revised plan.


There are 6 different colors, so the plan is only depicting light and dark pairings. This should look pretty snazzy when pieced. Also, I should end up with several blocks, but I will need to use additional border fabric as the above fabric lacks enough border fabric for multiple blocks. Boring, eh.

So, here's a pretty picture of my fabric laid carefully on my sewing machine, as I just ironed them.




Currently, the four strips are in the process of being sewed together which I should finish tonight.

I'm excited to see how these turn out.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment